Friday, July 31, 2015

Possum in the garage

A sign that the drought here in normally green Northwestern Washington is causing distress:
A shy, never-before-glimpsed possum has braved my freezer defrosting activities to get himself a drink. This is at the very back of our garage, very easy to become a trap for this critter. He must have watched me leave to go back inside the house between sessions of tending the melt, and waddled in to help himself. He was at the puddle on the cement floor when I started back out there again.

I had been out several times carrying my tub of sloshing water and frosty ice, funny-shaped chunks matching the piping, to dump it on parched plants. Never saw him till I surprised him and caused him to scuttle to cover under the car or other garage storage. Who know how long it will be before he makes his possum-slow run for the exit.

No comments:

Post a Comment